Tuesday, August 5, 2014

SOS #163: Splish Splash

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge. This week's theme is Splish Splash, and we'd like you to use some form of wet medium on your card. Think: spray inks, watercolors, acrylic paint, India ink, water soluble crayons, etc. Feel free to use them any way at all, either as a background or with stamps as a focal point or... whatever floats your boat!

Here's what the gals have made to inspire you:

Jessi
I used Glimmer Mists to create a watercoloured background
Leslie
I used Hero Arts pastel ink cubes to create paint to watercolor the background.
Lauren
used watercolors and spray inks for the background, plus water-soluble wax crayons on the heart!
I used Distress Inks mixed with water to paint my background, then added Glimmer Mist on top of that.

Donna
Used Distress Inks, stencil and water for the background, watercoloured the image with Distress Inks
Alica 
I water colored the beach babes (and the background too) and also played with water mister & ink on the embossed background panel

Barbara 
Shaving cream technique  (reinkers)

Deena
I have embossing ink galore...plus copper spray 
Now it's YOUR turn! Go into your stash and pull out some neglected wet stuff, use it, then come back and link us up below so we can see what you've made!

Mr Linky will be open until Monday, August 11th, at 11:55 pm EDT. To be eligible for the Saturday Shout-out, please limit your challenges to no more than 13, including ours.


2 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Thank you for another super challenge - I am always happy to get my inks and paints out with my brushes and pot of water!
Fabulous inspirations from the DT too - so thank you! Karen x

Crafty Math Chick said...

Thanks for the fun challenge - I have had my watercolor pencils for almost 10 years now and I hardly ever use them. Thanks for the encouragement to give 'em a little love!